Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Leaving Camino Frances Around Los Arcos.

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Mike G, Mar 16, 2017.

1. Mike G

Mike G New Member

I'm walking CF SJPP to Santiago but a friend will walk with me for the first week. Allowing for the flight that leaves 6 days walking. I imagine he will have to leave about Los Arcos. Any ideas about the quickest way back to the UK.

2. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

Mike, have a look at these bus schedules. That might help.
    http://www.losarcos.es/turismo/como-llegar/
    Logrono is close, and they have train, bus and airport service. Iberia flies out of there to Heathrow and Gatwick with stops. Other airlines fly out of A Coruna and Bilbao direct to the UK.

Mike G and UnkleHammy like this.
  3. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

Mike of course he can take a bus back to Biarritz,if you will arrive there.

Mike G likes this.
  4. Mike G

Mike G New Member

Thanks for the link and extra info. Gives us a starting point to plan his escape.

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  5. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Mike - Although I can't help you get back to the UK, I can tell you that both you and your friend will really enjoy the walk across an exceptional part of Spain - Navarra. I liked the entire Camino, but, in particular, the landscape crossed in your first week sets a wonderful tone for everything else to come. From crossing the Pyrenees to a short stay in Pamplona (wonderful tapas) to great villages like Puente La Reina and Los Arcos, it's hard to imagine it getting any better. If you want any albergue recommendations, let me know. Buen Camino!