1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Live From The Chemin D’arles

Discussion in 'Live from the Camino' started by MichaelSG, Apr 24, 2018.

1. MichaelSG

MichaelSG Active Member

If anyone is interested, my wife and I are currently walking from Montpellier to Oloron-Saint-Marie then switching over to the Voie de Piemont to St.-Jean-Pied-de-Port. I am blogging as the days permit and trying to make sure to include tips for anyone walking the route soon. Holler if you have questions. https://memismsblogs.com/

2. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

:)! Thanks for blogging it, Michael and Melanie! I'll be following until 5/27 with interest. Hope you're having a wonderful time.

RJS likes this.
  3. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Yes Michael, Thanks for posting the link to your blog, I just had a quick look now and I can already see that it will be packed with lots of useful information for those following in your footsteps :)

Just one question, if you don’t mind – Why did you decide to jig west from Oleron Saint Marie to saint Jean Pied de Port instead of continuing on over The Cold De Somport on The Camino Aragones and picking up The Camino Frances in Obanos?? – Thanks in advance

Best Regards

Rob

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  4. MichaelSG

MichaelSG Active Member

Hi Rob,

My wife and I walked Frances route from St. Jean Pied de Port and the Portuguese route from Lisbon. We also walked the Via Francigena from Vercelli to Rome. I wanted to connect the routes to say that we walked, effectively, from Lisbon to Rome. We looked looked at several options but with a month to walk, it looked like the route Vercelli through Arles to Somport was the best supported but going to SJPdP saved some time and that made Montpellier a half way point so that we can close the loop, hopefully, next year. A so,em what more detailed explanation is here: https://memismsblogs.com/2017/12/18/why-this-route/

UnkleHammy and RJS like this.