1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Martin Sheen talks about El Camino

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by revrenjen, Sep 26, 2010.

1. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

My wife and I watched "The Way" last night - we head to Barcelona one year from today to begin our third camino.

What a great movie! We laugh all the way through, and both had tears a few times. Bob

danvo and Greg Canning like this.
  2. Terry Wilson

Terry Wilson Well-Known Member

Great keep the faith my friend .Their are only two movies I will watch over and over again. The Way and the Blues Brothers.;):).

Greg Canning and UnkleHammy like this.
  3. raymond john

raymond john Well-Known Member

Terry
    "OUCH" , However you do meet some interesting pilgrims on the camino? See the attached photoo_O:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

UnkleHammy and hindsfeet like this.
  4. raymond john

raymond john Well-Known Member

BCbob
    I've only just notice your picture post at the wine fountain in Dodegas Irache. I stopped there for a quick drink, unfortunately the fountain had run dry which made me laugh and a tear to my eye.:D:(. However ,The Way, brought me excitement and joy

Attached Files:

BROWNCOUNTYBOB and danvo like this.
  5. Terry Wilson

Terry Wilson Well-Known Member

Yes sorry Raymond we/I can get so protective of something so precious and the Camino.

raymond john likes this.
  6. Maya Grandmother

Maya Grandmother Active Member

This is such a beautiful thread. Especially today, New Years Eve which is such an emotional day for me since my husband's passing. Reading all your posts gives me comfort. Hindsfeet, you talk about the stages and I feel that I am still in the rough part. Everyday I am grateful my husband and I took the opportunity to walk the Frances. I am left with the memories, challenges and experiences that we shared together. Raymond, you may not know this but the poem you sent me at the time, I printed it off and read it once in awhile and had so much impact on my life. It was perfect for my emotional state. I want to take the time to thank all of you for the posts on this forum and send you lots of blessings for 2019. Like you stated Raymond, "start of a new journey".

7. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Maya Grandmother - With the New Year upon us, your post should remind us all of the importance of cherishing the time we spend with our loved ones. I think that many folks have been able to find great comfort as you from the caring comments made on this Forum. It’s this type of kindness that transcends all of the other superficial differences between people. Walking the Camino, if nothing else, points out how we are so much more alike than different and that one of our core needs is that of being part of a community whether on or off the trail.

I share with you a similar gratitude of having been able to walk my last two Caminos with my wife. As you know, being able to share this experience, and the challenges too as you said, give a whole new meaning to being a pilgrim. As much as I value my solo trip along the CF, walking with my wife was a far richer experience that I didn’t realize until we were taking our steps together. My thoughts are with you today! Buen Camino!

8. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Collect moments, not things Donating Member

My Dear Maya Grandmother, I can feel your aching heart thru your words. Let me encourage you that the rough part will soften. And your tender heart will find joy again. Saying "I am so sorry" just won't cut it. I wish that I could hold you, and get you past the days that trigger such emotion. May your memories of your husband warm your heart on this cold Ontario New Years Eve. Know that you are never alone.

FOR IN GRIEF, NOTHING 'STAYS PUT', ONE KEEPS ON EMERGING FROM A PHASE, BUT IT ALWAYS RECURS. ROUND AND ROUND. EVERYTHING REPEATS.
    AM I GOING IN CIRCLES, OR DARE I HOPE I AM ON A SPIRAL? BUT IF A SPIRAL, AM I GOING UP OR DOWN IT? HOW AFTER-WILL IT BE FOR ALWAYS?-HOW OFTEN WILL THE VAST EMPTINESS ASTONISH ME LIKE A COMPLETE NOVELTY AND MAKE ME SAY, "I NEVER REALIZED MY LOSS TILL THIS MOMENT"? THE SAME LEG IS CUT OFF TIME AFTER TIME.
    -C.S. Lewis, A Grief Observed
    May 2019 be a year of pleasant surprises for you!