1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Experience On The Camino Ingles

Discussion in 'Camino Ingles' started by Rob Lendon, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Rob Lendon

Rob Lendon New Member

I've just finished writing about my experience on the camino Ingles earlier in September. I hope it's entertaining but also of use to anyone planning on this route or just after some nostalgia.

http://www.asecondlife.co.uk/blog/the-english-way

Hope you enjoy it.

Wily, Crepes4Suzette, RJS and 6 others like this.
  2. dalebob

dalebob Member

Thanks for your blog.
    I walked this altered route in September 2018 will add a little later. However my main reason for the note is to ask if anyone who walked this Camino Ingles in early September knows if a young English Pilgrim who walked with two crutches made it all the way to Santiago ? I ask as I really hope he made it I spoke with him on a few occasions and last saw him slowly making his way up the hill out of Puentedeume on 16th September. I really admired his commitment and self belief. At that time I was indulging in some self pity with a small blister and infected ingrowing toenail it made me reflect how blessed and fortunate I was to have two functioning legs and only some minor discomfort. I offered to buy him a beer in Santiago if he made it ? I didn’t see him there ! On the day I was leaving a man from Scotland that I spoke with in St Martins Pinario in Santiago told me he had spoke with him 2 days previously. I hope he did it ! And I will raise my glass an salute him anyway just for his determination.
    Stpolo

RJS and UnkleHammy like this.
  3. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Interesting blog with some good up to date info on The Camino Ingles that I am sure that others following in your footsteps will find very useful – Nice pics too.

Thanks for sharing

Best Regards

Rob

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  4. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

Nice blog post, Rob, and wonderful pictures, as Rob said above. I think I have the same picture from the display of nun's habits (from Museo San Martin Pinario in Santiago?).

I liked the part about waiting an hour for another certificate in Latin that wasn't readable and appreciate the restaurant recs for Santiago - there are so many to choose from and although I'm trying, it's hard to eat at every one:0)). Thanks for sharing your blog and for telling not only the rosy things, but the not-so-rosy as well.

5. fluffkitten

fluffkitten Member

Nice blog, thanks for posting it.

I was going to walk the Ingles earlier in the year but was stopped by ill health.

RJS likes this.
  6. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

I like the pictures, thanks