1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need for suggestions and / or ideas to improve the service.

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by angelina, Sep 22, 2014.

1. angelina

angelina New Member

Hi all,
    I am a Dutch woman who lives on the Camino de Santiago.
    I would like to ask your suggestions and / or ideas for pilgrims to improve the service along the camino.

Thanks in advance.
    Angelina

2. New mexico bike

New mexico bike Member

Where are you?
    New Mexico Bike

3. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    As already stated, We would need some more info from yourself before being able to make definite suggestions – The main thing being where on which Camino route it is that you live ??
    But also what your own ideas are, maybe you have time and a suitable property to offer some kind of private Albergue, this is something that a lot of people do and, especially on the more popular routes like The Camino Frances, Extra accommodation would always be well received
    Other options could include pilgrim’s special menus, breakfasts and/or baggage transfers
    Best Regards and Good Luck

Rob

4. Mollycol

Mollycol New Member

Hi I am currently enjoying a Camimo experience, just one day out of Pamplona. My current distress is not being able to access hot water for my herbal teabag. It's a drag always being told 'no' at the albergues that don't have kitchens. Also want to add that I don't think enough reminders to fellow pilgrims NOT to throw their personal rubbish in the beautiful environment. Today I was appalled and ashamed and spent 10 mins picking up cans, plastic bottles, packaging in a plastic bin liner I had in my pack. I am mindful of being a guest in this country & we are disrespecting this privilege. The adage "leave only footprints" should be advertised in every albergue. Thanks for the chance to have a say.

5. angelina

angelina New Member

I am on the french way. But really this does not matter.
    Just want to read your feedback what you are really missing on the camino.
    This could be just a simple service which you need. Perhaps you are missing along the way (for example) backpack transport or conversations in you own language etc.
    Thank you for your responce.

6. sean

sean Active Member

Sorry Angelina,
    Everyone who walks a Camino route is missing something, which they forgot, or chose to leave at home. The fun is in finding out which was which? Conversations in my own language (English), never produce the same level of of interaction as bilingual exchange over a glass of Vino. Do not worry about us, we are fine and the Camino will always throw something up that is 'missing'
    That is the way it was designed.
    Sean,
    Dublin

7. WorldTrekker

WorldTrekker Member

I have always thought that if I had a place on the Camino, I would have a chalk board informing the pilgrims of the current and future weather forecast.
    In addition, a board that pilgrims could leave messages for a day or two to people they are trying to contact behind them.
    Also, trash cans.
    Lastly, a sign showing the kilometers to the next few towns and of course Santiago de Compostela.

8. angelina

angelina New Member

Hello Sean,
    Thank you for your responce but not everybody does agree with your statement.
    Thats just the reason why I placed this post.
    Regards, Angelique

9. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Angelina I think one of the problems with this post is we don't know your motivation here. Is it to help pilgrims at a specific place or are you doing research for a business.

Additionally I think it would be a good idea to be a bit more gentle with your responses.

10. sean

sean Active Member

Hi Angelina,
    I have yet to see one reply to support your argument.
    I do not wish to engage in a tangle with you as I set out on my 9th Camino. I am merely expressing my thoughts and rely on past experience to support my comment.
    Slan agus Beannacht,
    Sean,
    Dublin