1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No Vino, No Camino!

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by timrozgonyi, Aug 6, 2017.

1. timrozgonyi

timrozgonyi New Member

I want to bring your attention to this Camino blog on the website of the Tampa Bay Times. A 29-year-old woman from St. Petersburg, Florida, just completed her Camino on Thursday (8-3-17). She wrote a daily blog post with text and photos every day she was on the Camino. It's very down to earth and really gives you a good feel for what it's like to walk the entire Camino Frances, from St. Jean Pied de Port in France to Santiago de Compostela in Spain. Hint: Wine plays an important role on the Camino, to the point that one of the albergues (inns) has a mantra of "No Vino, no Camino."

The link below takes you to the Day 1 post, from which you can follow her entire 32-day pilgrimage.

http://www.tampabay.com/features/tr...ay-woman-chronicles-her-500-mile-walk/2329437

James Orrock, Nan and BROWNCOUNTYBOB like this.
  2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    A saying that I kept hearing was “El Vino Tinto es el Gasolina del Peregrino” – And I had to agree :)

anniem, Greg Canning and UnkleHammy like this.
  3. anniem

anniem Active Member

Marching across Northern Spain powered by El Vino Tinto and Ibuprofen! Worked for me.