1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oh No Camino Almost Over

Discussion in 'Live from the Camino' started by hindsfeet, May 25, 2018.

1. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Collect moments, not things Donating Member

I arrived in Ribadiso today. My very longest day. over 40km. I didn´t realize it, because I felt so good, so I thought that I would keep walking! Now I think I am only about 41km from Santiago. Ha.....don´t get me wrong, this has not been a painfree Camino! Will explain more when I get home.
    I am having an amazing time. It just seems like it is going too quickly. I had two rest days, and taking some of the alternate routes. The country side is so beautiful, the food, well basically eating my way thru Spain. Meeting so many wonderful people. Great things happening inside of me. I walk everyday by myself, which I prefer. Absolute perfect weather the whole Camino so far. Rainy and stormy every night in Galacia, perfect during the walking day. I feel so blessed.
    I can hardly believe that I found this computer at my Albergue! Wanted to touch base with all of you! I´m starving.....gotta go find a pilgrim meal!! Santiago on Sunday!!

2. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

When, not if, will your next walk be?

Ginamarie, Wily, danvo and 1 other person like this.
  3. Canadian Wander

Canadian Wander When in doubt, rack out...

Glad to hear from Hinds! So glad she is learning the lessons that the Camino have for us.
    Have a red wine for me!
    Soon, very soon I will be off for Portugal. Walking with weight pack in practice feels so natural!

4. Jose

Jose Well-Known Member

Great to hear from you, Hindsfeet!! I know that feeling of suddenly realizing you are close to Santiago and then having a feeling of wanting to stretch time longer. Buen Camino!!!

Ginamarie, danvo and UnkleHammy like this.
  5. Jo Waller

Jo Waller Member

Wow brilliant Hindsfeet, my friend who I set out with completed last week and managed to make up time to enable her to fit in Finisterre. Well done

hindsfeet and Ginamarie like this.
  6. Crepes4Suzette

Crepes4Suzette Well-Known Member

Have a beautiful finish to your Camino, Hindsy! Have fun in Menorca too, if that's still part of your plans. I'll be waiting to hear all about it when you can get your posts together. I'm leaving Monday to start the Le Puy so will be checking in off and on and blogging. You are going to LOVE Santiago!!

Ginamarie and Wily like this.
  7. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Hindsfeet - It’s Sunday, so you must now have reached Santiago! Congratulations! I remember how emotional I felt as I glimpsed the cathedral for the first time from afar. I got even more excited the closer I got to the old part of the city. You will undoubtedly meet a number of Camino friends which will also make your arrival and stay in Santiago special. Well done peregrina! Enjoy your accomplishment! I don’t remember if you planned to go on to Fisterra at this point. In any case, Paris awaits you which should be great fun. Buen Camino!

8. Greg Canning

Greg Canning Well-Known Member

Hi Hindsfeet

It’s Sunday so I’m presuming you’ve reached Santiago. Well done, congrats and it sounds like you have had a wonderful Camino.

Safe onward journey.

Greg

9. Ginamarie

Ginamarie Active Member

SO glad to hear from you! And thrilled you are having the time of your life!
    Gina

hindsfeet, Wily and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  10. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

@Crepes4Suzette Have a great walk and please post as you go along..

11. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    hindsfeet

I always think that the BEST thing to do when a Camino is over, is to get on and plan the next one – And with So Many to choose from, this can be both an exciting, as well as a long drawn out “Task”

IF I can help you with your Quest, then I am more than Happy to do so :)

Best Regards

Rob

hindsfeet, UnkleHammy and Ginamarie like this.
  12. hindsfeet

hindsfeet Collect moments, not things Donating Member

Hi Crepesy! It has been amazing. Extra time on my hands so heading to walk the Ingles, then yes, to Menorca for some beach time! Then to Paris. Tomorrow you will be on your Way? EXCITING! Sabrina, a girl in my Camino family who lives in France, started her Camino in Le Puy and came all the way to Santiago. She walked over two months. She said that it is SO BEAUTIFUL leaving from there. You are going to love it! I will be checking in on your blog!! Buen Camino my friend!!!