Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Our Camino Del Norte Journey

Discussion in 'Camino del Norte' started by RandomCurrents, Aug 1, 2017.

1. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I agree Wily “Stay positive”

For what it’s worth, in spite of your limited experiences (So Far) walking Camino’s, overall, I believe that the advice you offer on here is very good.

My main criticism is that you appear to have the need to have an opinion on every thread – Even the ones about subjects that you have no experiences in – And IF I am allowed to offer a small piece of advice of my own Wily, That is, there is really no need for you to reply to every post as this won’t affect your standing on here :)

As far as the Gronze website goes, all I was doing is pointing out that as you haven’t yet walked The Camino Norte, you can’t know how accurate this website is on this Camino, therefore you couldn’t recommend using it for walking The Camino Norte from your own personal experience

Best Regards

Rob

Ryedalerambler likes this.
  2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

One of the distinguishing and wonderful characteristics of the Forum is how kind we are to one another. And, in the world of social media these days, that's a unique distinction. We should never try to silence well meaning and appropriate comments that are aimed at assisting our fellow pilgrims. Being kind costs so little and the return is so great! I'm sure you agree. Buen Camino!

3. Ryedalerambler

Ryedalerambler Active Member

Hear hear.

RJS likes this.
  4. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

The way that I send PM is:
    1. Select inbox
    2. Select start a conversation
    3. Use the prompts and everything should work

This works with my Android Samsung S7. It might be different with other tablet or computers.

If you want to have a big and little pack:
    1. It might be that you could set up a reservation for the next day
    2. Use Jaco Trans, or similar for your big pack
    3. Carry your small pack
    4. Making a reservation a day or so ahead can usually be done with the help of the hosts.

Buen Camino

RJS and Wily like this.
  5. Wily

6. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
  7. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

@Ampiji I do not recommend using PM type messages.

1. You will only one person's opinion based on their own experience.
    2. The answer may be of use to others.

I have only used them when I had some communications that had to be confidential. I wanted to make the information redaily available but it was requested that I not do that. I have sent the same PM to 5 members of this group and asked each one to not discus it further.

I think that the more people that can see and comment on a subject, the better it will be for all.

RJS likes this.
  8. Wily

Hey UnkleHammy - I'd suggest that PMs can be very useful. Often, the question one may have only applies to another person. It wouldn't be appropriate to post it on the Forum. For example, I asked an individual for some recommendations about traveling in a Central American country where they happened to live. As that person could answer the question for me and as it wasn't Camino related, the PM seemed to be the most appropriate way to communicate and gather information. Or, as you know, some discussions might be of a sensitive nature that one doesn't want to share with the entire Forum. In general, most Camino questions are appropriately posted and responded to in Forum threads. I think the sender can discern whether or not it is related to a thread or might be better put into a PM. Just my perspective on the issue. Buen Camino.