1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Posting Live Each Wednesday From The Camino Frances

Discussion in 'Live from the Camino' started by Parksville, Aug 5, 2017.

1. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    My husband and I are currently walking the Camino Frances from Najera to Finisterre. We are posting a summary of our experiences each Wednesday. You can read more at www.retirementreflections.com. Hope to meet you on the Camino!

hindsfeet, UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Parksville - Really like the post/blog! How brown and dry it was in the first photo caught me a bit by surprise! Hydrate! I'll look forward to reading your Wednesday summaries. Buen Camino!

3. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    Hi , Wily - Thanks for reading and commenting. It has been very hot and dry. We our hydrating (and then some)! We are now in Astorga. I'll post again this coming Wednesday.

4. Maya Grandmother

Maya Grandmother Active Member

Hello Parksville, I just finished reading week 3 and thanks for sharing. It is great that you and your husband can experience the adventure together. Your notes bring me back to wonderful memories. I have a video of the time at Cruz de Ferro and my tears were flowing as I placed my small stone from home. Also we stayed overnight LaVirgen Del Camino and the albergue was great and the sactuary was beautiful. Safe travels. Maya

5. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    Hi, Maya - Thank you for reading and commenting. This will be our last Camino. Like you, I know the memories will last with us forever!

6. NOQ1015

NOQ1015 Member

Hi Parksville! I love reading your posts! I am leaving in 14 days - excited and nervous! The pictures and narrative are encouraging and amusing too:) Buen Camino!

7. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    Hi, NOQ1015 - I' m sorry that I will just miss you. Enjoy your Camino! Thank you for following!

8. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    We are now one day away from Santiago, so I have posted one day early. You can check out this week's Camino post at: www.retirementreflections.com.

Greg Canning and Wily like this.
  9. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Parksville - Another great blog entry! Really like the way you have laid it out in one continuous page. Nice selection of photos giving anyone reading it a real good feel for the Camino experience. Enjoy Santiago and safe travels home. Buen Camino!

10. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    Thanks, Wily. After Santiago, we are then walking to Muxia and Finisterre! Thanks so much for commenting. Thank you also for all of the advice that you have offered through this forum. I have found it to be very, very helpful!

Wily likes this.
  11. Greg Canning

Greg Canning Well-Known Member

Thanks for the Blog, it really is wonderful to hear other people's experiences of the Camino....so different and yet a lot the same. The joy in the walk itself, the beautiful scenery, meeting people and having time alone with your thoughts and each other and the simple things like a cup of cafe con leche. I'm counting the days to getting back on the Camino.

Enjoy the rest of your Camino.

Greg

UnkleHammy likes this.
  12. Parksville

Parksville Member

Home Page:
    Thanks, Greg - I agree that each of our Camino experiences are unique, but also share so much in common. Thanks for checking out my posts. Enjoy your next Camino -- I hope that you get back soon!

Greg Canning likes this.