1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Primitivo Summer 2019 Debrief

Discussion in 'Camino Primitivo or Original Way' started by Bearded Peregrino, Sep 19, 2019.

1. Bearded Peregrino

Bearded Peregrino Unshaven Member

Home Page:
    Greetings all.

Not a lot of recent activity on the Primitivo page so I thought I'd offer some insights on the this route that I completed on 24 July, 2019.

First of all, the beauty of this trek is matched only by its difficulty. The 14 days on the Primitivo were tough but, they were absolutely amazing. At the end of every day you can't help but have a huge sense of accomplishment.

Favorite part of the the CP was definitely the people. Kym and Susan, Laura, Lauraine, Ian and Eula, David, that one guy who wore blue jeans every day (we all just called him the Blue Jeans Guy) and many others. The sense of camaraderie was unexpected, but most fulfilling.

What I'd do different? I would have worn athletic shorts literally the whole way. Much more comfortable and easier to wash and dry. I got so desperate for an extra pair that in Lugo I paid good money for some Nike shorts. Worth every penny.

Soon I'll list off the stages of our trip.

Buen Camino,

BP

UnkleHammy likes this.