1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper Grammer / Paragraghing,etc

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by TravelingWilburns, Aug 28, 2012.

1. TravelingWilburns

TravelingWilburns New Member

Howdy, I have been posting for a few months now. Still don't seem to know the tricks of the trade yet. Everytime I create a message, no matter how I space my sentences or create new paragraphs, etc...everything seems to squeeze down into one long run on paragraph. Can you help to make my posting more grammatically correct as well as esthetic ? Please and Thanks a Million ! Lyn

2. TravelingWilburns

Oh yea, my smiley faces and such seem to have vanished. What's up with that these days ?

3. Hobbler

Hobbler Active Member

Must be the Alaskan weather. Works fine here from Ireland!

4. TravelingWilburns

Ha Ha Garrett...You're funny ! I can admit I did loose my real smile here last winter. We had a rough one. But today the sun is shinning and I want my smily back ! My internet connection is just on my "not so smart" phone. And the formate of everything changed a week or so ago. So, I will try again and see what happens :) Either way...smiles to you and yours, Buen Camino, Lyn

5. Hobbler

Hobbler Active Member

I can appreciate your difficulty. When i start my camino I'm bringing a very old Nokia far-from-smart phone with me with a Spanish SIM card in it and leaving my smart phone at home. It seems the best way to get cheap calls home but I have no idea what the old phone will be able to do in this so much smarter world. At least i should be able to communicate and that's the main thing and it seems you can too so things could be worse.

6. IrishGurrrl

IrishGurrrl Member

Me too - leaving the smarter technology at home for my lovely old nokia with mucho impressive battery life... I like the idea of taking a little step back from technology on the camino... the nokia will be purely to let my family know all is ok and an easy way to get in touch with other pilgrims on the road :)

7. lhlyda

lhlyda New Member

Speaking of stepping back!!!! I'm leaving the phone home and using a calling card.

lol

Leaving tomorrow!!!!!!

8. Hobbler

Hobbler Active Member

Yup. Mine is an old Nokia 5140, sometimes known as the builder's phone as it's pretty well indestructible. it survived a horrendous fall with my full weight squashing it against a rock slab in the High Tatras seven years ago and it never even blinked. The smart technology is just a wee bit fragile, very useful but fragile.

9. IrishGurrrl

IrishGurrrl Member

Woohoooo!

See ya Friday Snake!!! :)