1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on Via de la Plata

Discussion in 'Camino Via de la Plata - The Silver Route' started by Dave Murray, Jan 17, 2014.

1. Dave Murray

Dave Murray New Member

I am currently planning to walk the Via de la Plata. I walked a section last year from Seville to Almaden de la Plata. This year, I plan a much longer walk in May, from Almaden de la Plata to Careces, or perhaps as far as Canaveral. I am aware that the markings on the Via de la Plata are not as clear as on other Camino walks To the extent that I am walking alone, I clearly don't want to get lost, as the gaps between towns can be as mucn as 30 klm. One option is to walk the road (A-66). However, while it might prevent me from losing my way, I am, perhaps, missing out on some of the magnificent and picturescue sights along the Via de la Plata. Any advice?
    Dave

2. unadara

unadara New Member

3. tjenkins

tjenkins New Member

Dave / Una ... I am planning to walk from Salamanca to Santiago in May/June the year. Can you give any feedback on your experiences along that section of the route.. Good places to stop, eat, visit, etc.

4. sulu

sulu New Member

I had no problem following the signs on the Via de la plata, it is just a question of getting used to the signage in the different regions, Extremadura has very different signs but there are plenty of them. I walk alone and do get lost but that is due to 'day-dreaming' and forgetting to watch for signs. The walk is through some lovely countryside, I certainly would not walk along the road, except where absolutely necessary. I'm sure that in May there will be other pilgrims. Go for it and enjoy it is a wonderful route.
    Buen camino!

5. Dave Murray

Dave Murray New Member

Thanks for the advice.