1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sleeping Bags Required Or Not.

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by Goonky, Mar 22, 2015.

1. samantha davies

samantha davies Member

A sleeping bag is essential for your Camino. Not only you can save yourself from possible bed bugs, also don't need to worry about blankets and being cold during the night. There are really cheap, light and good quality sleeping backs in Decathlon.

Brucepayne likes this.
  2. Devereaux Young

Devereaux Young Member

Thank you so much for this information!
    Well, I'm booked!
    Since it is now official, I need to study up on stops.
    I can't find Rabanal de Camino on Google Maps, tho it appears to be somewhere just west of Astorga. Correct?
    Again, Raymond, thank you!

raymond john likes this.
  3. raymond john

raymond john Well-Known Member

Devereux
    Rabanal is approx 22 Km from Astorga. via St Catalina and El Ganso . I would suggest you get the
    John Brierley Pilgrims guide to Santiago or Leslie Gilmore guide to Santiago They are both good pockets size books with lots of useful information . Stage maps, Pilgrims hostels, town maps. I hope this works I attach a link to a video of our Albergue Gualcemo in Rabanal.

https://www.caminodesantiago.me/community/threads/movie-of-our-time-as-hospitaleros-at-refugio-gaucelmo.36773/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ and the music+%28Camino+de+Santiago+de+Compostela%29

It brings back so many good memories for me when walking the camino and working as a Hospitalero at Rabanal.

Carpe Diem

Raymond John

4. davebugg

davebugg DustOff: "When I Have Your Wounded"

I know the Brierley guide, the current 15th edition, weighs in at 6.9 ounces. The Brierley 'maps-only' version weighs 3.7 ounces. The maps version has all the maps and elevation profiles, and it does list various accomodations for each of his defined stages. There is ample space to keep notes in it, too.

Wise Pilgrim is also very good, and can be downloaded as an app for a smartphone, thus saving space and even more weight :)