1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxi Share Anyone? Biarritz To Saint Jean Pierre Du Port, 4 June

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by Dee66, May 12, 2019.

1. Dee66

Dee66 New Member

Hi all,
    Are there any fello pilgrims wanting to share transport with me on June 4th from Biarritz airport to saint jean Pied du port ? My flight lands at 15.45.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
  2. davebugg

davebugg DustOff: "When I Have Your Wounded"

At Biarritz airport there are several options: taxi, shuttle, train.

My favorite is Express Bouricott They are comfortable, quick to get to SJPdP, the drive is scenic, and the shuttles are usually full so the fare is usually around 20 Euro. Because it is so popular, it is important to get a reservation as soon as you know what day you will be arriving in Biarritz.

Another option is to look for fellow pilgrims as you are boarding the plane to fly to Biarritz, and again while you are in the Biarritz airport: packs, shells, patches, anxious expressions upload_2019-5-12_15-54-16.gif . Ask if anyone would like to share a taxi, or if anyone has space available to share a ride. I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a few takers.

The nice thing, too, is that with either Express Bouricott OR asking fellow pilgrims to share a ride, you start getting to know others who are as excited as you are. I developed a good friendship with someone, after meeting them on the Express Bouricott shuttle, who lives on the opposite side of America as I do, and we stay in regular contact to this day.

UnkleHammy likes this.
  3. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

I booked Express Bouricott to get from the airport to Saint Jean on my last trip. I checked my poles and they didn't arrive. While I was talking with the helpful airport staff Eexpress Bouricott cane by and I was their only passenger. I was totally engaged with trying to find my poles and did notice them, so they returned to saint Jean without me. I found another hiker to share a taxi and got to the train station in Bayonne. It all worked out. It was easy to get new poles in Saint Jean and my broken poles got home in Fresno before I did.

4. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

As Dave wrote -try Express Bouricott. It is private shared taxi for pilgrims. Wrote to their contact email as soon as possible and book seat(s). Or you can go by train from Bayonne at 6:30PM (From airport you can go by bus to Bayonne gare)