1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Taxi Share Biarritz To Sjpp 31st May 2017

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Debfoz, Mar 30, 2017.

1. Debfoz

Debfoz New Member

Hi,
    I arrive from Stansted to Biarritz on Ryanair at 17.05 on Wednesday 31st May.
    Does anybody want to share a ride to St Jean Pied de Port?
    I have emailed express bourricot, they haven't got anyone booked in yet for a transfer at this time, but the more people there are the cheaper the cost, ideally over 5 people will be 19 euro each.

Let me know if anyone is interested

Debfoz

2. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi @Debfoz, welcome to the forum! 31st may is "too far" for Express Bourricot. It is important to be checked there and you will see that there will be enough people. From this Ryanair flight will be many pilgrims and it is not possible to catch train from Bayonne (or maybe few people can catch that bus from airport...) So be patient, Express Bourricot is ok.

UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  3. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Debfoz - Danvo is 100% correct in the advice he has offered you. Be patient! You are way to far out. Just keep checking back with them. The same thing happened to me when I first inquired about a transport. You're arriving at a busy time and as Danvo said, many more pilgrims should be arriving in Biarritz the same day you are. On a slightly different topic, do you have a bed reserved in SJPP? I'd recommend doing so. Buen Camino!

4. Debfoz

Debfoz New Member

Ok guys thanks for the response, I will be more patient. Express Bourricot suggested checking in with them in a couple of weeks.

Wily, Re: reserving a bed in SJPP (which I haven't done yet) is this possible so far in advance, I thought you could only book a day in advance for the albergues????

UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  5. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Debfoz - I made many of my albergue reservations months in advance. For identifying where you might want to stay, check out Gronze.com or the list of albergues on Caminoteca. For some, you can reserve directly through Booking.com. Others have their own websites where you reserve directly with them. If you don't have a place yet, let me recommend where I stayed: Gite d'Etape Ultreia. Very nice and just down from the Pilgrim's Office. It's not too early to book now for SJPP. While walking, it's easy to call ahead a night or two for reservations if you don't want to make them from home. The hospitaleros at the albergues will graciously assist you. For many places, I found sending a simple email requesting a bed was all that I had to do. Buen Camino

UnkleHammy likes this.