1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Camino By Bus.

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Terry Wilson, Feb 2, 2019.

1. Terry Wilson

Terry Wilson Well-Known Member

Before you look for a rope and a sturdy tree, let me explain I walked the 800k,s in 2017 Aug, then in 2018 April and no I will go back April this year with my daughter.
    I would love to take my wife some time .She could not do it.
    I am interested in weather there is transport throughout the rout so I could show her the places I visited, without killing her.:)

UnkleHammy and RJS like this.
  2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    As a lot of The Camino Frances does follow similar routes to main roads, therefore retracing much of your walking route by bus would be possible; it would be quite a task planning it in advance. There is a bus runs between Pamplona and Saint Jean Pied de Port as many pilgrims catch this to start their walk – The you could continue from Pamplona towards Burgos via Logrono and so on all the way to Santiago de Compostela

Or – Possibly a much simpler solution would be something like

https://followthecamino.com/camino-tours/camino-de-santiago-bus-tours/

Good Luck

Rob

UnkleHammy likes this.
  3. raymond john

raymond john Well-Known Member

Terry
    You may wish to consider contacting Busbud (Busbud Team <hello@busbud.com>). They have a comprehensive bus routes/ time tables for travelling throughout Spain. I have found them to be very helpful, A bus route for example / Pamplona/ logrono/ burgos/ sahugan/leon/ Astorga/Ponferada/ Villafranca/ Lugo/ Santiago.

Carpe Diem

Raymond John

UnkleHammy likes this.
  4. Terry Wilson

Hello Raymond great to hear from you.Do you know that I will be back in st Jean de port 8th April to walk again with my Daughter the eldest of four I could not be happier to get the chance to walk the Camino with one of my daughters. and she is doing it for all the right reasons. God bless. Yes that bus looks interesting I am thinking of putting it to my wife to take her through the Camino by bus to show her where I have been. God bless again.

raymond john likes this.
  5. raymond john

Terry
    Good to hear from you. I hope you found the Busbud information useful. I will also be in Spain from the 24th March to 16th April Opening our Refugio Gaucelmo in Rabanal and doing the 1st 2 week tour of hospitalero duty (from the 1st - 16th April). It can be very cold at this time of year so make sure you pack worm & weatherproof clothing. We had snow in Rabanal ( I attach a Photo) during this same period last year. Rabanal is situated at 12oo m above sea level and the Cruz de Ferro 1505 m which is higher than the route de Napoleon across the Pyreness at 1450m

I hope & pray that you & your daughter enjoy sharing your camino journey together and will be full of many blessings, meeting many interesting pilgrims & the local Spanish, which I have always found to be welcoming and friendly. Remember the most amazing experience will happen when you lest expect them.

Carpe Diem & live the Moment

Raymond John

Attached Files:

BROWNCOUNTYBOB and UnkleHammy like this.
  6. Terry Wilson

Hi Raymond apart from looking at taking my wife along the Camino the two of us by bus.
    My daughter and I will be starting on the 8th April. Last year we got a little bit of snow in April but do you think we can expect more snow this year
    and how do you handle it eg, foot wear.

raymond john likes this.
  7. raymond john

Terry
    I would recommend you go to a good outdoor retailer. Have your feet measured and get a good quality pair of weatherproof BOOTS to support your ankles because of the mixed terrain and weather conditions. Tell the staff what you are planning and they will advise/recommend what is the best boot is for your. Regarding the weather conditions, I would hope for the best but plan for the worst and keep a regular check weather forecast conditions across Northern Spain. It will give you an idea of what to expect as you travel along the camino. However, there are no guarantees as there are various micro landscapes/climate conditions to be considered.

I hope you find this info helpful.

Raymond John

UnkleHammy likes this.
  8. Terry Wilson

You are as always, very helpful. God bless.

raymond john likes this.
  9. UnkleHammy

UnkleHammy Well-Known Member

@Terry Wilson there is a recent discussion about shoes/boots in the thread on equipment.

raymond john likes this.