Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

The clogs are back on

Discussion in 'Camino de Levante' started by sean, Jul 29, 2014.

1. sean

sean Active Member

:cool:Hi Folks,
    Just booked my flights for a 3 week run on the Levante from Toledo on September 30th. Does anyone have info on the stages between Toledo and Zamora please? I would also appreciate any details of the Albergue network also.
    Regards,
    Sean

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    [h=2]I haven’t as yet trekked The Camino de Levante so can’t help too much[/h] [h=2]However there is a guidebook listing accommodation as well as some general information listed on the CSJ website at http://www.csj.org.uk/route-camino-de-levante.htm[/h] [h=2]And Mundicamino has a dedicated site at http://www.mundicamino.com/ingles/[/h] [h=2]You might find at least some of the info you are looking for on these[/h] [h=2]Good Luck and Buen Camino[/h] [h=2]Rob[/h]

3. sean

sean Active Member

Hi RJS,
    Mundicamino site has all the info I require. I tend to travel light and not carry too much bumf. Thank you for your help.
    Regards,
    Sean,
    Dublin

4. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Hi Sean, http://wisepilgrim.com/ have some apps - don't know if you use phone there or not and don't know if they cover the area you were looking at.

All the best

5. sean

sean Active Member

Thank you Leslie,
    I do not bring a phone, so will have to rely on notes I have made from Mundicamino site. I tend to take the Camino as I find it and do not like following droves of other walkers, hence the quieter routes. My notes are usually one page long and contain basic information. It has led me to some of the best adventures imaginable and a few wobblies thrown in every now and then. Such is life.
    Regards,
    Sean,
    Dublin

6. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Yeah, it is kinda funny now, I first walked in 2004 with a guide book that I never used and it was borrowed from a friend so I had to take it with me and then home.

In 2005 I took no guide book and got a list of albergues at St Jean or Roncesvalles can't remember which - but that was it, nothing else - and it was a couple of years before smartphones. And right now I am writing an ebook which will be finished this year for the Camino Frances, however with that I am trying to cover interesting bits of the history and some architecture.

7. sean

sean Active Member

Hi Leslie,
    I am a good few years ahead of smartphones and the like. I come from an era where you wound up a handle on the side of the phone to get through to an operator. Has anyone ever spoken to 'An Operator'? Try that on your IPhone. Once you had contacted the operator, they would 'try put you through, if the lines were not busy' After that it was 5 pence in the box and press Button A. If you did not get through, press Button B and get your money back. No Ombudsman holding an inquiry into roaming charges, sheer bliss, except if the phone did not give you your Bob back. There are still some phones in Spain that operate on coins and I make contact by such manner whenever possible. Always a great excuse to hang up if a conversation runs too long. 'I'm running out of money, talk to you later'.
    Tongue in cheek,
    Sean,
    Dublin

8. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    Yes, I am also old enough to remember pay phones and the running out of money.

Now with mobiles it appears that many around me feel obliged to answer them when they ring - any time they ring. We eventually got a rule in place with no phones at the table - I really think I am an old fart sometimes, but I like conversations that are not interrupted by a tweet, a text message, or a FB update.