1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

This Forum is " A pick me up"

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by El Condor 2014, Nov 3, 2013.

1. El Condor 2014

El Condor 2014 Well-Known Member Donating Member

Hi , I will be doing El Camino May 2014, I have found that when ever I am feeling a bit down I just log in into this forum, read all types of comments , watch some videos , and before I realised it, I am all excited and ready to get this walking started.

2. athopkinson

athopkinson New Member

Best wishes for your camino. I did the primitivo in May 2012. It's a good time of year to go. Though it can get quite hot during the day but chilly sometines when the sun's not up

3. danny

danny New Member

i know how you feel.it's like there is a whole,almost exotic world with people who have a common hread out there,and i'm a part of it,even though i'm distant from it...and,all i have walked is parts of chemin de vezelay,so,in a way i'm connected,and in a way,i'm not...
    taking this less traveled path,i experienced tiny...TINY uncrowded villages,and touched magnificent french chapels,saw mary magdelene's tomb and st.bernadettes(which is next to her famous sacred fountain,and so much more,but missed the connection with so many other pilgrims...
    i hope to finish the walk this summer,and hopefully can find a fellow pilgrim to join me

4. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    Prepare yourself physically and mentally to be able and walk day after day various distances through various landscapes and under various weather conditions. With or without a backpack, the Camino is a unique challenge.:)

5. travellin' light

travellin' light Member

I like it ! - the forum is great but I am just feeling my way around the all info. Have replied to a couple of your questions - El Condor, but not sure if I posted them correctly, Too hot in Perth for too much training at present, but an hour's walk at sunrise is all that we have manage,d -How about you ?

6. El Condor 2014

El Condor 2014 Well-Known Member Donating Member

Hi Tavellin'light
    We have only done a little walking training since the hot weather hit Perth Last week, Yesterday was my birthday, no training today(hung-over !) today is Australia Day ( tomorrow another Hung over ). I am preparing myself for all aspects of EL Camino ! LOL.

7. travellin' light

travellin' light Member

Hi! El Condor,

Happy Birthday for 25th and Happy Australia day for yesterday. You should be well primed for Rioja etc. Best Wishes