1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Train travel from Santiago De Compostella to Sarra

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by BiancaMillard, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Hi,

I am organising a school trip and we will begin our walk in Sarria. How do you go about getting information for a train from Santiago to Sarria. I need to know the cost and the times that it travels.:)

2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    I don’t think there is a train to Sarria, but you can certainly catch a bus
    This website should help you check times and prices
    http://www.monbus.es/es
    Good Luck and Buen Camino
    [FONT=&quot]Rob[/FONT]

3. enosfolly

enosfolly Member

No train. A bus ride is all, and the cost is minimal. You take a bus to Lugo and transfer there to a bus to Sarria. There is a direct bus to Sarria, but it is like we call a local. Stops everywhere and takes twice as long as the one to Lugo then Sarria. It is very easy and is the most convenient way to Sarria from Santiago. In Santiago I stayed at the Alberque Aquaria. It is reasonable, and if you wish to store items for your return, they have lockers. I would also recommend you stay your first night at Casa de Carmen's. A quick 5k walk from Sarria, if you get there early enough to walk. Casa de Carmen is at the top of the hill in Baradelo and the start of the Camino path right outside their door. They have dorms and private rooms, all reasonably priced, and great food also reasonably priced. Buen Camino. If you or any of the walkers are over 55, you would qualify for a Golden Ticket. Purchased at the bus station for a few euros, and you will save more than that amount on your transportation costs for buses or trains. Ryan Air for in Spain travel, you will find is as cheap as any other form of travel, so from your entry into Spain to Santiago, and your flight back, it will save you time and money.

T.

Barbara Everingham likes this.
  4. Barbara Everingham

Barbara Everingham hikerfan

IMG_2155.JPG

Attached Files:

5. Barbara Everingham

Barbara Everingham hikerfan

Thank for this info as it has also helped me, being a first timer.