Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Transfer

Discussion in 'Camino Ingles' started by wilfyboy, Jul 9, 2016.

1. wilfyboy

wilfyboy Guest

which is best after arriving in satiago to transfer to ferrol, train or bus , how long for each and cost also how do you get to train or bus station thanks for any help for this first time traveller.

Tina-Marie Brownie likes this.
  2. Pam Simpson

Pam Simpson Member

Lots of buses to Ferrol, takes about an hour I think. Easy to find info online - I'm doing the Ingles in September and am finding planning my journey is quite easy.
    (Fly into Santiago and there is a bus at the airport that will take you to the bus station for 3 euros. The bus from Santiago to Ferrol is 9 euros and will take you right to the center of town. Very convenient.) - this info from 2010 so presume it hasn't changed :)

3. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    There are regular busses between Santiago de Compostela and Ferrol (About 7 per day) with a normal price of around 10 Euro with a journey time of around 1 hour 20 minutes – All details are on this website http://www.monbus.es/es#seleccion

Trains – These are slightly more expensive with a normal fare of around 15 to 20 Euro, slightly slower with a journey time of around 1 hour 45 minutes and only 2 trains per day – Details on https://venta.renfe.com

Whichever option you take, the airport bus into Santiago de Compostela goes to both the train and bus stations :)

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob