Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Urgent! Fastest Way To Travel From Porto Airport To Tui Tomorrow Afternoon

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by ADV, Sep 22, 2017.

1. ADV

ADV New Member

My son is flying to Porto Airport tomorrow afternoon to join his grandfather in Tui. What is the quickest and safest way for him to travel? Please help!

2. El Condor 2014

El Condor 2014 Active Member Donating Member

Hi @ADV, I prefer to travel by train in Europe when available.
    You cannot buy tickets on line for these trains. Just allow 30 t0 45 minutes before departure and buy one at the station you are leaving from..
    The trains leave Porto Campahã railway station, you have to change trains at Valenca or walk across the border to Tui ( it is about 3 kms from Vlenca station to Tui ) Also, as these are regional trains, there are no food or drink facilities on board. At the very least take a large bottle of water with you.
    Check these web sites
    Regional trains, Minho line, to Valença https:/…porto_valenca.pdf

Bus from Porto to Valença http://www.rede-expressos.pt/
    Let me know how you get on !

UnkleHammy and danvo like this.
  3. danvo

danvo Super Moderator Staff Member