1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Featuring Muxia And Finisterre

Discussion in 'Santiago to Finisterre' started by TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo, Jun 9, 2018.

1. TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo

TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo New Member

This video mainly covers the Camino del Norte, but from 18min 20sec it covers the route from Santiago to Muxia, Muxia to Finisterre and from Finisterre back to Santiago. Hope it helps for anyone considering any of these wonderful routes. YouTube ID is oosXRcTnZtE

hindsfeet and UnkleHammy like this.
  2. Lubelle

Lubelle New Member

Hi Dermot, enjoyed your video, thanks for sharing. I am planning my Camino for Mid Aug to end September from SJPP and will be finishing with a hike to Finisterre & Muxia. Could you advise how many days it took to do the round trip from Santiago... I will be doing the reverse, to Finisterre, Muxia and back to Santiago. Would appreciate your info..

3. TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo

TheManWithTheCaminoTattoo New Member

Hi Lubelle. Glad to hear that you enjoyed the video. I took me a total of 9 days to complete the loop - 4 days to get from Santiago to Muxia, 1 day from Muxia to Finisterre and another 4 days back to Santiago. Good luck with your planning and Buen Camino for when you get there. Dermot
    PS. Not a deliberate plug, but my book 'The Man with the Camino Tattoo' covers my entire walk. Just let me know if you are interested.

Wily and UnkleHammy like this.
  4. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Lubelle - Although we didn’t go quite the same route as Dermot, we took four days to walk from Santiago to Finistere. Although the Brierely guide has this as a three day trek (and certainly quite doable that way), we didn’t want quite such long days so we broke it up Santiago - Negreira- Olveiros- Corcubión- Finisterre. As weather was not great, we were glad to have shorter hikes on days 3 and 4. It also put us into Finisterre nice and early in the day in order to walk out to the lighthouse and hang out at “the end of the world” and then still have time to explore town. We then caught the bus back to Santiago the next day as our Camino time was coming to an end. Going out to Finisterre is well worth the walk! Buen Camino!

CAAC7AC1-1CD1-449B-9C15-0C6DEE0D0AF5.jpeg The crossroads. Muxia or Finisterre.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2019