Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

Walking In Early May 2017

Discussion in 'Camino Primitivo or Original Way' started by Nico, Apr 4, 2017.

1. Nico

Nico New Member

Hey all!

I walked the whole French Way last year in three and a half weeks. It was an experience.

This year I'm looking for a more lonesome and close to the nature experience, luckily I got a friend with me, or it would otherwise be to lonesome for me and maybe little risk.

We are walking del Norte/Primitivo.

Anyone else interested let us know.

hindsfeet and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  2. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    The Camino Norte and Primitivo will certainly be a Lot less travelled route than the Camino Frances – But is still quite popular (The Camino Norte is probably the 3rd most popular Camino behind The Frances and Portuguese) – But is still an Excellent Choice as the scenery is Splendid and the infrastructure is very good, there are plenty of Albergue’s so as to keep the costs down and lots of places that offer special pilgrims menus.

I have written my own trek notes on these routes in the link in my tagline IF you want to take a look.

Good Luck and Buen Camino

Rob

Crepes4Suzette and Nico like this.
  3. Nico

Nico New Member

Thanks,

We plan to camp on the northern route. It's mountainous area, remote and Castile and León is known to have a population of 1000 wolves. Are wolves and wild boers something we should keep in mind at night?

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
    Hi again Nico

I didn’t encounter any wolves or wild Boers and there was a solo female also packing a tent and occasionally camping out and she didn’t suffer anything untowards either ;-) - So I don’t think you have any cause for worry :)

I look forwards to reading about your adventure on here

Good Luck

Rob

Ryedalerambler likes this.
  5. oldman

oldman Oldman Donating Member

Hi all Old man walking again.
    I fly into Asturias on the 1st July booked into Pensión Romero, Oviedo on the 1st and 2nd July to start walking on Monday 3rd. The stages I hope to do are Oviedo , Grado , Sales , Tino , Pola de Allandato , ( return bus/taxi to borrés ) ruta Hospitales - Berducedo , O Castro , A Fonsagrade , A Cádavo-Baleria , Lugo , A Pen de Galina , Melida , Arzúa , O Pedrouzo , Santiago on the 16th and 17th ( booked into San Martín Pinario ). Home on the 18th.
    Any hints on what to miss or not along the way . or maybe place to eat or stay in or around the stages I have planed. or to definitely avoid.

Buen Camino.

Wily likes this.
  6. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Oldman - Sounds like a great trip coming up! Let me just offer you a couple albergue recommendations.

Melide - Albergue San Anton. Modern and clean and just a few steps off the Camino. Nice backyard and laundry facilities.

O Pedrouza - REM Hostel. Just a block off the main avenue. New albergue with great showers. Along the main street is a pulporia where I had some of the best octopus on the Camino.

Santiago - Good choice of the San Martin Pinario. Stayed there just a month ago. Excellent location. For an extra 6€ enjoy their full continental breakfast.

Buen Camino!

oldman likes this.
  7. oldman

oldman Oldman Donating Member

Thanks for that Wily.
    Have B&B booked in San Martín this will be my 4th time ,I stayed there in 2013 and and 2015 not booked just walked in as I was passing by .