1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Walking The Camino Frances For A Few Days

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by Sarah JB, Feb 23, 2017.

1. Sarah JB

Sarah JB New Member

Hello
    I walked the Camino de Santiago last year and loved my experience.

I plan to take my father, but just for a few days walking starting from St Jean Pied Port.

Looking at my old map would Pamplona be the best place for getting trains or buses back to Biarritz?

Many thanks for your guidance.

2. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Sarah - You're reading of the map is correct. Walking out a few days from SJPP will put you in Pamplona. From there, I'd take an ALSA bus to Biarritz (about a 2h15m trip or 55 miles) via San Sebastián for as little as 15€. Buen Camino!

Last edited: Feb 23, 2017
  3. Greg Canning

Greg Canning Well-Known Member

Hi Sarah

A couple of years ago my friends and I travelled back to Biarritz from Pamplona, having finished our first stage in Puente de la Reina. It's pretty straightforward however be careful about the bus times and the stop over in San Sebastian. We had to spend 3 or 4 hours there waiting for the connecting bus to Biarritz. It's not a hardship as San Sebastian is a lovely city but the delay meant we were too late to catch the flight back to Dublin and had to spend the night in Biarritz, again not really a hardship but it does mean a bit of hanging around when I would rather be on the Camino :)

Buen Camino

Greg

Crepes4Suzette, UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  4. Sarah JB

Sarah JB New Member

Guys thank you for your advise, I'm looking forward to being back on the Camino even if it's just for a couple of days.

Crepes4Suzette likes this.