Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

We All Walk Our Own Camino

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Wily, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

IMG_0619.JPG This cartoon appeared in the local paper and it immediately made me think of the Camino! We're all out there for different reasons! In fact, we're probably out there for multiple reasons! The sign for wine reminded me of my brief, but pleasant, stop at the Fuente de Vino at Irache just outside Estella.

UnkleHammy, Chuck, Babs44 and 5 others like this.
  2. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

Wily, great cartoon and brings fond memories of Fuente de Vino! - which is the photo I use for Camino Forum. We left the albergue around 7 am and arrived at the wine fountain around 8:15 am or so. A bit early for lots of wine, but my wife and I both sampled the wine, took a photo, then continued on. We crossed over into La Rioja the following day and that is one of the most enjoyable regions on the camino. Thanks for the memory! Bob

Wily and Canadian Wander like this.
  3. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Bob - Yes, indeed, great memories at the Fuente de Vino! It's just one of those spots pilgrims look forward to reaching. It was great fun just people watching and hanging out there a bit. It's the one time I actually used my scallop shell for a sample. Everyone seems to really enjoy themselves there, not because of the free wine, but because it's one of those Camino highlights. I, too, have my photo, like you, to remember the experience. Buen Camino!

4. Dinah

Dinah Member

Hi Wily,

Good cartoon. I missec the Fuente de Vino as I was on the Camino Norte. See you soon. Lots of good Gallo and vino here.

Wily likes this.
  5. Mary

Mary Member

When we got to the Fuente de Vino it was DRY!!! Took pictures anyway and thought it was for the best as it was just after 8AM :)

Greg Canning likes this.
  6. Daniel Bowater

Daniel Bowater New Member

Its true though! We all do the Camino for varying individual reasons and they dont have to necessarily satisfy anyone else. In my opinion you don't necessarily either need a concrete reason for doing the pilgrimage. Many people learn and become transformed on the trail. If you think about it it's a bit offensive to evaluate someone's choice of motivation.