1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What choices to return Seville from Santiago Compostela

Discussion in 'Camino Via de la Plata - The Silver Route' started by chapalabill, Aug 28, 2014.

1. chapalabill

chapalabill New Member

What is my best choice of transportation back to Seville after my Camino. Flying is a personal last choice for me but if that is the option I want to make my reservation early. Any suggestions appreciated. I leave Seville on the 12th to walk and leave Seville for home on 24 Oct.

2. MichaelSG

MichaelSG Active Member

3. chapalabill

chapalabill New Member

Thanks I will use the link?

4. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    Alsa (Alsa.es) has several connections from Santiago to Madrid (estaciĆ³n Sur) and from there to Sevilla (Plaza de Armas). Check their website.
    Until end of September they also offer an overnight direct service (14 1/2 hours) - Cost 66 Euros.

5. chapalabill

chapalabill New Member

Thanks for the info.

6. chapalabill

chapalabill New Member

Downloaded the Alsa ipad app but they do book out yet to October. Again, thanks.

7. ricitosdeplata

ricitosdeplata Member

I haven't booked my flight since I won't be going until September. Did a trial run booking and found that I got comparably priced quotes when I entered different cities for arrival and return flight. In other words instead of arriving and leaving Madrid, I entered arriving Madrid and departing from Santiago de Compostela. I have been following this forum for a while and never seen anybody mention this option. Can it be done, thus avoiding the train ride issue? BTW I'm doing the VDLP camino from Seville.

8. highlander

highlander Donating Member Donating Member

flying out of Santiago at the last minute is not cheap unless you book .and your right trying other options which may not seem likely options at first glance can work out cheaper.....it seems to me you have a grip on the situation anyway.

9. ricitosdeplata

ricitosdeplata Member

Thanks , highlander.

10. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    For all our Caminos (7 in total) we flew IBERIA from SJO. Then connected from Madrid to Sevilla, Pamplona, Oviedo, etc. and afterwards back from Santiago to Madrid and wherever we needed to go to (mostly Central America).
    Last year we also took a few EASYJET flights in Europe, which were very economical because we had open dates at our choice. The straight line is not necessarily the shortest way, nor the cheapest.:cool:
    We chose IBERIA for our travels so that connections were guaranteed. A strike once happened when leaving Santiago and we were flown to Madrid, fed and accommodated very nicely, with a return flight home the next day.:)