Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

What Time The Pilgrim Office Closes ?

Discussion in 'Camino Frances' started by david robb, Mar 13, 2017.

1. david robb

david robb New Member

Hello everyone, i will be arriving around 20:eek:o on a Friday in SJPDP, i would like to get my pilgrim passport that evening, at what time will the pilgrim office close? thanks for the help.

2. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey David - As I best remember, the Pilgrim's Office is open until 22:00. As you will be arriving relatively late, do be sure to reserve a bed in advance. Upon arrival in SJPP, I'd head straight for the Pilgrim's Office for your Credencial and other handouts they have (i.e., list of albergues, maps, etc.). If you don't already have your shell, you can get that there as well. The volunteers at the Office will take good care of you. Once finished there, go check into your albergue or hotel. Buen Camino!

danvo and James Orrock like this.
  3. david robb

david robb New Member

nice one Wily , thanks for the advice it will be well used.

4. david robb

david robb New Member

So another one for you since i have your attention, do you now of a website i could book a bed at in SJPP? thanks in adavnce mate.

5. david robb

david robb New Member

So another one for you since i have your attention, do you now of a website i could book a bed at in SJPP? thanks in adavnce mate.

6. Wily

Hey David - Here is a website thst I think you will find quite helpful: gronze.com. You can look at each stage of the Camino you are walking and pull up a list of albergues, hostels, and hotels in particular towns along the Way. A number of them are linked directly to Booking.com for reservations. More frequently, I just contacted an albergue by email and requested a bed. So, for example, just do a Google search of "albergues in St. Jean Pied de Port" and you'll get a pretty comprehensive list of accomodations. Here's a LIST of albergues that I found on the Caminoteca website: http://caminoteca.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/09/List-of-Albergues-2016.pdf

When I was in SJPP last year, I stayed at the Ultreia Gite d'Etape right down from the pilgrims office. Great location, lovely accommodations, and very friendly and helpful staff. They have their own secured website for reservations and I believe a bed will cost 17€ for the night. Buen Camino!

7. david robb

david robb New Member

thankyou once again mate, tats me all sorted, take care !!

Crepes4Suzette likes this.
  8. anniem

anniem Active Member

I think the Pigrims office is closed from about 7pm to 9pm and then opens for 9.pm till 11pm. We got off Bayonne train at 7.15pm to find it closed but went to get some dinner and found
    them open after that. Be sure to book a bed in SJPDP. Buen Camino

9. James Orrock

James Orrock Member

Greetings, Wily. As always your information freely offered is right on the money. Ultreia Gite d'Etape looks like a great place to stay in SJPdP before setting off. Question please - I am planning on having a rest day in Leon and Burgos and maybe Pamplona too. Can I stay in the same albergue on the rest day or do I need to find accommodation in another one?

Wily and UnkleHammy like this.
  10. Wily

Hey James - Let me first recommend albergues in these three cities for you to check out.

Pamplona - Albergue Plaza Cathedral
    Burgos - Albergue La Divina Pastora
    Leon - Leon Hostel

As beds at the albergues in Pamplona and Leon can be reserved on Booking.com, I know one can stay for more than one night. The Burgos albergue is church sponsored. At only 5€, it was one of the great deals on the Camino, but with only 16 beds available, I don't know about additional nights there without first leaving and then returning at opening time. However, there's an email address in the link I've privided for you to check with them.

I enjoyed all three of these albergues and would gladly stay at each of them again.

Buen Camino!

11. James Orrock

James Orrock Member

Wily, many thanks for the heads up regarding places to stay in Oamplona, Burgos and Leon - the albergues you linked in look fantastico! I was aware of La Divina Pastora but the others are new to me.