1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What To Do With Excess Gear?

Discussion in 'Traveling to and from the Camino' started by Onquest, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Onquest

Onquest New Member

I will be keeping my bag as light as possible during the hike, but I won't be going directly home afterwards, so I'll have gear that I won't need on the trail but need afterwards. I have thought about shipping the surplus but I read recently that the post office only holds parcels for 2 weeks. How have others here dealt with this situation?

2. Wily

Wily Francés 2016; Portugués 2017; Inglés/Fisterra 2018

Hey Onquest - Here is a link to luggage storage in Santiago. As you will see from the website, they will hold your luggage for up to 60 days. You will also find clear instructions for sending your items to Santiago. Ivar is quite reputable and well know in the Camino community due to his Forum. Buen Camino!

danvo, BROWNCOUNTYBOB and UnkleHammy like this.
  3. Onquest

Onquest New Member

Suuh-weet! I laughed when I read this cos, well, it was just so simple. My goodness I do tend to make mountains out of molehiles. Thank you, Wily.

4. RJS

RJS Well-Known Member

Home Page:
  5. Bisnick

Bisnick New Member

I used CasaIvar last year, very good cheap and safe. Just be aware of the collection times and check on his website as sometimes they change.

UnkleHammy and Wily like this.