1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When Can You Start Staying In An Albergur?

Discussion in 'Camino Via de la Plata - The Silver Route' started by ricitosdeplata, May 10, 2015.

1. ricitosdeplata

ricitosdeplata Member

I am planning to skip Guillena altogether and begin VDLP at Castiblanco de los Arroyos. I will take a bus there from Seville, where I plan to get my credencial. Will I be able to stay in an albergue overnight in Castiblanco?

2. sean

sean Active Member

Hi Ricitos,
    You will have no problem staying in the Albergue on your first night on the Camino. Get your credential stamped in Seville before you start and explain your plans to the people running the Albergue.
    Enjoy a great Camino,
    Sean,
    Dublin

ricitosdeplata likes this.
  3. ricitosdeplata

ricitosdeplata Member

Thanks, Sean. I may be overly cautious, but I want to avoid any problems in Guillena. This plan will give me a chance to attend mass in Seville and receive the pilgrim's blessing. With the 2 days I'm in Seville and the day in Castiblanco, I'll have 3 days to recover from the 6 hour jet lag from the US.

4. Orava

Orava Active Member

This may be silly question but to avoid messing around in Seville finding the credential office can I use my old Camino Frances one and then buy another at an alburgue when I run out of stamp spaces?

5. Orava

Orava Active Member

I think I'll just wing it on the Via de la Plata with my old camino Frances credential first night out of Seville.