Welcome to the Camino de Santiago forum. This community is here to help you with questions on walking any of the Camino routes. Hopefully you too will stay and help others after you have been on your Camino.

If you register and login you are shown no Google adverts. Please note we also use cookies on this forum – not for anything evil but to allow you to login and use the forum software. We do not collect personal data and never pass your details on to anyone. Come and joins us on your pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela.

where to stay in Santiago.

Discussion in 'Where to stay in Santiago' started by Iassak, Mar 20, 2010.

1. LadyJane

LadyJane New Member

I would avoid the Albergue Acuario. It is just to the left as you come into Santiago. There were two comments above about moldy cement walls and bedbugs. I hiked the Camino in 2009 and these conditions still exist in 2016!! There are much better places for you to stay.

2. Snowwhite

Snowwhite Member

I stayed at the seminario menor too.

If you are on a budget but you want/need some quiet and privacy after your pilgrimage this is a good option. I think I paid 13 euros in April (bathrooms are shared but I didn't mind it - it's way cheaper than some hotels).

The facilities are good (little shop, kitchen, pcs, lockers etc).

I loved the tranquility of it. :) If I do another Camino I'll definitely stay there again.

Crepes4Suzette and James Orrock like this.
  3. alanhobo

alanhobo Member

has anyone stayed at albergue la salle, looked ok on web, thanks

4. Wily

Wily Camino Francés 2016; Camino Portugués 2017

Hey Alanhobo - Sorry, unfamiliar with that albergue. However, I can recommend the albergue The Last Stamp. Very modern, great facilities, and just a block from the cathedral. The front desk staff was most pleasant and helpful. Although we're staying at the Hospedería San Martin Pinario on our upcoming trip, I would have stayed at The Last Stamp again except that we were looking for a private room! You can also reserve on booking.com. I know other Forum members will also have good recommendations for you. Buen Camino!

James Orrock likes this.
  5. alanhobo

alanhobo Member

thanks Wily, have taken the chance and booked,;)

6. Wily

Hey Alan - I think you'll like it and as Santiago can be busy, depending on the time of year, I think you're wise to book ahead. One less thing to worry about when you get to the city. Enjoy and Buen Camino!

James Orrock and Crepes4Suzette like this.
  7. geraldkelly

geraldkelly Member

Home Page:
    I've stayed there several times. They have an albergue and a hotel. Both are nice. It's about a ten minute walk from the cathedral.

8. Wily

Hey All - I just wanted to report that our stay at the Hospedería San Martin Pinario in Santiago was excellent. It's located just across from the side entrance to the cathedral. The building itself is phenomenal! Compared to the prices charged just right next door at the Parador, the San Martin Pinario is quite reasonable at 53€. Yes, it was our splurge, but well worth it as a little reward for completing our Camino! Although breakfast wasn't included in this rate, the 6€ they charged for a full continental breakfast was well worth it. Our private room with twin beds and a bathroom, although not overly large, was extremely comfortable. My only regret is that we weren't there for a second night. Next time! Whether you reserve on Booking.com or directly through their website, the price is the same.

9. Daniel Bowater

Daniel Bowater Member

In response to Hotel La Salle. This is where the "Bouricott" company leaves bags transported from St Jean Pied de Port. I stayed here for 2 nights after arriving in Santiago. An excellent clean place to end your journey(...or start another with Camino Finisterre!), albiet a bit more expensive than a municipal albergue. Late curfew time if you want to celebrate. Some other pilgrims were complaining about bed bugs at other albergues.

10. keithlundy1

keithlundy1 Member

Hi Lassak
    I'm just back yesterday from Santiago. I stayed at "The Last Stamp" minutes walk from the Cathedral, clean sheets, pillow slips and summer duvet. The bunks are arrange in pairs with dividing doors to reduce noise and keep out the unwanted light. They have great showers and bathrooms, a great kitchen facilities and lounge area to relax. They have washing and drying machine available so you're not carrying your smelly laundry on the plane, all for the cost of 20euros per night. I stayed there 2yrs ago and again this time. As long as you give them 2-3 days notice reserving a bed is not a problem, they have plenty. Hope this help. Buen Camino. Keith, Norfolk

Crepes4Suzette, UnkleHammy and Wily like this.
  11. Wily

Hey Keith - Couldn't agree with you more! Great description of The Last Stamp. I stayed there after finishing the CF. Super facilities as you described. Loved the location. I reserved on Booking.com, but you can also reserve by email or phone. For just 20€ in the heart of Santiago, I'd certainly stay there again. For anyone wanting to cook a last meal with friends, the kitchen is excellent! When I was there, the hospitaleras were extremely helpful and friendly. So, for anyone looking for a center city albergue, this is one to check out!

http://www.thelaststamp.es/en/

Crepes4Suzette and hindsfeet like this.