Why So Warm ?

Discussion in 'The Weather' started by BROWNCOUNTYBOB, Aug 27, 2015.

1. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

BROWNCOUNTYBOB Well-Known Member

My wife and I decided to hike the Camino Frances mostly in the month of October due to smaller crowds and cooler weather. I've been checking the weather daily in SJPDP, Pamplona and Santiago to get an idea what the weather is like. As of this morning, the high temps in SJPDP and Pamplona will be in the mid-90s the next few days. This seems to be blistering hot. Is Spain just going through a warm spell? Any idea what the weather will be like in a month or so?

Bob and Cindi

2. ThirstyEric

ThirstyEric Member

Worldwide weather this year is being disrupted by a massive El Niño pattern building in the Eastern Pacific and also a huge "blob" of warmer than usual water in the north eastern Pacific near Alaska. It's affecting temperatures and weather across the entire globe. 2015 is on track to be the hottest year on record, and July was the hottest month ever recorded. I do not know what it means for Spain in the coming months, but I would not be surprised if the weather ends up being extreme in some way.

3. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    @BROWNCOUNTYBOB we are all hoping that this weekend is the last of the very hot weather, I am in prague and we have mid 90's for the next few days.

I would worry about Oct though, it will be cool mostly, and at times cold in the mountains.

Being a Brit I defer to weather forecasts from the BBC. I suggest a search in google like BBC weather Leon or any other main city. They normally show charts for usual weather.

I just did that search and could not find what I was looking for. At the bottom of this page are a few weather charts, I hope they help.

http://www.caminoadventures.com/what-is-the-best-time-to-walk-the-camino-de-santiago/

Tina-Marie Brownie likes this.
  4. dee7one

dee7one Member

I'm planning to hike next Spring and wonder if El Nino is going to make it exceptionally rainy!

5. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

Thanks, Leslie. I'd rather start with a brisk, cool / cold day that one that is very warm. I've been to Prague during hot weather. I recall a nice bar adjacent to the St Charles Bridge. A nice cold beer really helped with the warm weather. Cheers!

Bob

Leslie likes this.
  6. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    Don't be surprised to find "odd" weather, though first time walkers will not know what it has been before and should perhaps be now. Be prepared for any eventuality, particularly nearing Santiago which is in the rainiest area of Spain. Check Aemet.es for the next week's weather in the area you will be walking through, and adjust accordingly.:cool:

7. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    @dee7one
    in 2012 it was - but that was exceptional.

8. jodles64

jodles64 New Member

DSC_0034.JPG Im currently on the Camino.. Day 4 down.. Its been extremely hot, but that does not dampen my spirits
    .. Im from Australia so used to the heat... Still keep pinching myself, cant believe im here, doing it!! With such wonderful people from all over the world... Currently in Cizur Menor... The Camino is truly a unique experience. Buen camino..

9. ssparks

ssparks New Member

I am walking next year - hopefully - and need to decide when. I don't like really hot weather but I don't want to be cold either - what is best time to go.

10. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

Nice to see that the temps have really cooled in Spain. We arrive in Madrid Thursday and the weather is forecast to be sunny with temps 55 to 82 F. Friday we take a train to Pamplona. Forecast is sunny with temps 51 to 76 F. Saturday we arrive in SJPDP with mostly sunny forecast and temps 51 to 73. As we begin our Camino on Sunday, the forecast is mostly sunny and temps 50 to 72. Even looking ahead to Monday with weather in Roncevaux, the forecast is sunny with temps 45 to 66 F. Great weather to begin our Camino ! Bob

11. Maya Grandmother

Maya Grandmother Active Member

Hi Cindy and Bob, your time has finally arrived and the weather seems to be cooperating. Look out for each other and support each other during the highs and lows. Enjoy. It is nice to be able to share all the wonderful moments. Buen Camino. maya

12. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

Thanks, Maya. We really have appreciated the helpful guidance and suggestions from you and so many others. We are ready and very excited. All the best. Bob and Cindi

13. Leslie

Leslie Administrator

Home Page:
    @BROWNCOUNTYBOB Buen Camino.

It would be great to hear what you think of it when you get back.

Tina-Marie Brownie likes this.
  14. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

Weather forecast for Santiago this coming Friday is sunny and 105 degrees F. Low humidity but hot is hot !

hindsfeet and RJS like this.
  15. BROWNCOUNTYBOB

Temp projections for tomorrow Tues, 18 July:
    Madrid 99 degrees, St Jean 97, Pamplona 95, Santiago 104.

I imagine that the camino experience during hot summer months is entirely different than the cooler spring and fall months.

16. fraluchi

fraluchi 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2015

Home Page:
    Even in Centigrades those temps are pretty hot:eek: